Data Loading Tools and Lead Service Line Inventory Solutions

01-13-2023 01:34 PM
Williams_Gregory
New Contributor II

Has anyone use DLT (Data Loading Tools) to maintain the Utility Side | Customer Side Feature Layer (Hosted) in ArcGIS Online?  I used the the Append with Transformation tool one time to upload our existing utility data to populate the fields and get things started.  But now I'm wondering how to maintain the Feature Layer when there are updates in our utility data.  I don't want to mistakenly overwrite changes made to the data in the feature layer as customers (and staff) validate data through the use of the Lead Service Line Inventory survey.

Any ideas would be helpful!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

The Append with Transformation tool is really only a custom data loading tool. It cannot overwrite existing data in the Target. The Execute Data Load tool can perform overwrites.

However, it sounds like you want to be able to update the ServiceLine feature layer in the Lead Service solution periodically using your utility data. If that's the case that is more of a custom ETL process that the Data Loading Tools would not support. This is because ServiceLine is meant to be an dataset that will be edited. DLT can load data and overwrite data, it cannot do custom updates.

0 Kudos