Is there somewhere to report found bugs?

07-08-2020 02:51 PM
ClaytonBurns2
New Contributor II

I have found an issue with Operations Dashboard Beta that is not allowing the full options for Category Selectors in the header bar. I'm assuming this may be known already by the development team, but I haven't found any mention of it online and would like to add it to a found bugs list. In the images below you can see that in the old Operations Dashboard I could not only filter, but also pan, zoom, flash, etc. In the Beta there is only the option to filter and in that filter option there is not a choice for doing a spatial filter.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

Hello Clayton,

You can report bugs to Esri via the following link:

Esri Support Contact Support 

On that page there is a link to report a bug. The only caveat is that you need to log in with an account linked to an ArcGIS Online organisational account.

Mark

Regards,
Mark
ClaytonBurns2
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reply.  I know about the general software bugs reporting process, but is this also where the development team wants issues with the Beta products? I probably should have phrased my question differently, but since I'd posted it in the ArcGIS Dashboards Beta group I thought only the Beta users would see it.

I'm fairly new to asking stuff on GeoNet.

Chris_Counsell
Esri Contributor

Hi Clayton,

I believe feedback/bugs on ArcGIS Dashboards Beta are fine to be reported through this GeoNet community.

You're correct in that for most beta products we would generally advise users to reach out to the early adopter communities and not technical support. This will give the feedback directly to the development team prior to a release.

On occasion technical support will cover beta releases. Not sure on this occassion.

Noora Golabi‌ are you able to confirm the best location to report issues with the beta, maybe add it to the FAQ?

Cheers,

Chris

NooraGolabi
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris, 

Yes reporting any bugs you find in the ArcGIS Dashboards beta in the GeoNet is a good option. The team monitors the forums and takes note of bugs, enhancement requests and general feedback. 

Clayton, 

For this bug, I'll pass your post along to the development team  

In the future, you can always post any new bugs/feedback on GeoNet. 

Hope this helps, 

Noora

ClaytonBurns2
New Contributor II

Thank you Noora and everyone else!

0 Kudos
JohnSolly4
Esri Contributor

Hey Clay Burns

I think it would be best if you took all this information and created a new thread outside of this one. I'm not immediately understanding your issue, so if you could provide more information, that would be really helpful. I think the issue is that you are noticing that there is no 'Spatial' option in the beta. 

Some questions that might help us out:

1 - Is this specific to the Header Panel or are you noticing this in the side panel as well?

2 - What data source are you using? If it is a map service, we do have some known limitations where certain actions will not be available depending on how you added the map service to the Dashboard. 

-John

ClayBurns
New Contributor

I don’t know anything about this. I’m guessing a student asked this while logged into my account.

Clay Burns

Geography

Central Magnet School

Murfreesboro, TN

0 Kudos
ClaytonBurns2
New Contributor II

Hi Clay,

I'm not a student, just another GIS user with a similar name. Looks like John just accidentally tagged you when replying to my comment.

Clayton Burns

Cooperative Network Services

Menahga, MN

0 Kudos
ClayBurns
New Contributor

Ah. No problem then!

Clay Burns

Geography

Central Magnet School

Murfreesboro, TN

0 Kudos