Map Prediction Model Using Insights

Jump to solution
04-06-2020 06:28 AM
Labels (1)
NicoleCeranek2
New Contributor II

I am assisting my County's Emergency Management and Public Health Department using GIS. We are working with case information and they are asking if we can map out the exponential growth in a worse-case-scenario. Ideally they would like for me to build them a "worse case scenario of the spread using heat maps." Meaning, they would like a 3-day outlook based on the current day's list of cases. So Day Zero (or current day) heat map of cases is map 1. Map 2 would be Day 1 of spread, map 3 would be Day 2 of spread, then Day 3 of spread. All heat maps.

I am using Insights and it seems like this type of prediction / analysis mapping should be possible using Insights. However, I am new to Insights. I have never mapped exponential growth or "spread of <blank>" in my life. I have no clue where to start.

Is there anyone out there that has experience in this type of analysis and would be willing to assist me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

> I am using Insights and it seems like this type of prediction / analysis mapping should be possible using Insights. However, I am new to Insights. I have never mapped exponential growth or "spread of <blank>" in my life. I have no clue where to start.

Please take a look at this blog,

Use Insights models to jumpstart your COVID-19 analysis 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Nicole - Have you seen the Learn Lessons regarding Insights and COVID? There should be more short lessons added into this site this week.

Lesson Gallery | Learn ArcGIS 

NicoleCeranek2
New Contributor II

Hello Chris,

I did see the COVID Lessons. Another Esri associate pointed me to some great Lessons there. However, I was not able to find one that hit on what I need to know. I will keep an eye out for new Lessons this week. Thank you.

0 Kudos
amanda_stanko
Esri Contributor

Hi Nicole Ceranek - 

Have you tried using scatter plots showing exponential growth? 
https://doc.arcgis.com/en/insights/latest/create/scatter-plot.htm 

Thanks,

Amanda

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nicole,

> I am using Insights and it seems like this type of prediction / analysis mapping should be possible using Insights. However, I am new to Insights. I have never mapped exponential growth or "spread of <blank>" in my life. I have no clue where to start.

Please take a look at this blog,

Use Insights models to jumpstart your COVID-19 analysis 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos