Having trouble with the Coronavirus Business Continuity solution. Survey123 entries don't show up in the Dashboards.

Jump to solution
04-02-2020 02:34 PM
SarahL3
New Contributor

Hi,

I deployed the solution yesterday and followed the steps for linking the Facility Status Report IDs to the map and the dashboard. I tried a few test entries for the Survey123 forms but did not see any changes to the corresponding dashboards. I also noticed there was no way to select or type in a Facility Name. When I opened it up in Survey123 Connect, it showed as hidden-input. I had also input some data into the two CSV files and updated those but did not see those changes take place. I must  be missing a step to connect it all together. Anyone else try yet?

Sarah

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah! In order for the Individual or Team Check-In Survey123 data to appear in the Personnel Status Dashboard, each of the users submitting data must have a record/feature in the the Personnel hosted feature layer. To add a record for each staff member, follow the steps below:

(1) Download the provided PersonnelSource CSV file

(2) Open the PersonnelSource CSV file, and fill out rows for you and all members of your staff who will be reporting with Survey123*

(3) Append your updated CSV table to the provided Personnel hosted feature layer as shown in the image below using ArcGIS Online:

How to append a CSV table to a hosted feature layer.

(4) Submit an Individual or Team Check-In survey while logged in with your username, you will see your information appear in the Personnel Status Dashboard.

Please follow these same steps for the Facilities Status Dashboard by filling out the provided FacilitySource CSV and appending it to the Facilities hosted feature layer. Then, when you submit a survey, you'll see your results appear in this dashboard as well.

*Members of your staff are required to have an ArcGIS Online username account in order to submit the Survey123 surveys. Where the PersonnelSource CSV asks for usernames, that is to be your staff members' username, this can easily be found on the Members page of your ArcGIS Online Organization. The username will be below their profile name:

Usernames can be found on the Members page of your ArcGIS Online Organization

View solution in original post

24 Replies
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah! In order for the Individual or Team Check-In Survey123 data to appear in the Personnel Status Dashboard, each of the users submitting data must have a record/feature in the the Personnel hosted feature layer. To add a record for each staff member, follow the steps below:

(1) Download the provided PersonnelSource CSV file

(2) Open the PersonnelSource CSV file, and fill out rows for you and all members of your staff who will be reporting with Survey123*

(3) Append your updated CSV table to the provided Personnel hosted feature layer as shown in the image below using ArcGIS Online:

How to append a CSV table to a hosted feature layer.

(4) Submit an Individual or Team Check-In survey while logged in with your username, you will see your information appear in the Personnel Status Dashboard.

Please follow these same steps for the Facilities Status Dashboard by filling out the provided FacilitySource CSV and appending it to the Facilities hosted feature layer. Then, when you submit a survey, you'll see your results appear in this dashboard as well.

*Members of your staff are required to have an ArcGIS Online username account in order to submit the Survey123 surveys. Where the PersonnelSource CSV asks for usernames, that is to be your staff members' username, this can easily be found on the Members page of your ArcGIS Online Organization. The username will be below their profile name:

Usernames can be found on the Members page of your ArcGIS Online Organization

SarahL3
New Contributor

Thank you Eric!

It worked automatically with the Personnel CSV file, but I can't seem to get the facility dashboard updated. I also noticed that the Survey123 Form for Facility Status Report still does not allow me to fill out the Facility Name. The survey results also show blank for the Facility Name.

I also noticed, after entering the lat/long information for the FacilitySource CSV, the Facility Layer does not have the locations mapped. It's supposed to, correct?

Thank you again for your helpful response!

Sarah

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

I'll start with the missing facilities first. It sounds like you filled out the x and y fields in the FacilitySource CSV table which is good. When you appended the FacilitySource CSV table to the Facilities Hosted Feature Layer, did you check to make sure all of the fields were mapped properly? Specifically, the longitude and latitude fields need to be mapped to the x and y fields, respectively, as shown below (this is not done automatically). Also make sure you didn't mix up latitude/longitude and x/y, I still do that from time-to-time, this includes ensuring that your values are in decimal degrees and positive or negative depending on which hemispheres you are plotting data. This can cause issues if not done correctly.

Configuring the append functionality for the Facilities hosted feature layer. remember to fill out latitude and longitude.

Double check this step. If done properly, your points will be automatically added and plotted within the Facilities hosted feature layer. If you open the Facility Status Reporter web mapping application (also included with the solution) you will see your facilities appear on the map.

Note: If you already tried to append your CSV table to the facilities hosted feature layer previously, you'll want to go into the facilities hosted feature layer and delete those old records that were incorrectly appended.

As for the Facilities Status Report survey, this is not intended to be filled out on it's own like the the Individual/Team Check-In surveys. Instead, the Facilities Status Report survey is supposed to be accessed from the Facility Status Reporter web mapping application. Once you get your facilities mapped, you'll be able to search for a facility in the Facility Status Reporter web mapping application and it will give you a "Submit Status Report" button to click that will take you to the Facilities Status Report survey and automatically fill out the first question for you about the name of the facility. Below is an example of a facility called "Test" that I clicked on and it has the "Submit Status Report" button. When I click on it, it takes me to the Facility Status Report survey and the name "Test" is filled out for me. 

Submitting a facility survey based on the facility selected in the Facility Status Reporter app.

Once you complete the survey, the results will be reflected in the Facilities Status Dashboard.

One last point, I think you mentioned this in your initial post, but just to be certain, please make sure you followed the steps found HERE where you have to copy and paste the Facilities Status Report survey's item ID into the 3 arcade expressions.

Hopefully this does the trick!

SarahL3
New Contributor

Thank so much. The facilities are mapped now. I just need to delete those repeated locations from my multiple appending attempts.

Sadly, another issue. We sent out the Individual Check-in Survey123 form to a small group of people to test it. For some reason it is not being updated in the Personnel Dashboard. There is an error accessing the feature layer when I try to view the data of the survey through Survey123 browser website.

Error in Survey123 Data

I noticed that the dashboard updates fine when I test the survey and when another GIS Admin user tests the survey. For some reason it is not updating the dashboard when other users with log-in accounts submit a survey.

Sarah

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah, Were all of your organization's users added to the PersonnelSource CSV before you appended it to the Personnel hosted feature layer? If not, they must be added in order for their survey data to appear in the dashboard. As a reminder, you have to be using their ArcGIS Online Username when you fill out the CSV table's username column. If you work at a larger organization with more employees, this might mean that the PersonnelSource CSV table is quite large, while smaller organizations won't have as many entries in this table prior to appending.

As for the Survey123 data tab (shown in your image), mind if I ask your use case behind wanting to see your submitted data here? For security/privacy reasons, this functionality has been configured in such a way that the submitted survey data can only be seen through the dashboard and not the Survey123.com website.

SarahL3
New Contributor

Hi Eric,

Yes, we made ArcGIS Online accounts for those testing the survey and then added them to the PersonnelSource CSV file. It was then appended it to the Personnel hosted feature layer. The names and the teams they fall under do show up in the Personnel Dashboard on the left side panel. The survey entries are just not updating after they have submitted their responses to the Individual Check-in Survey123. The only two personnel individuals that update are the two GIS admin users. The other 10 users we have in the CSV file are not updating in the dashboard.

For the Survey123 data tab, I was just checking to see if the survey was taking in data. But I confirmed that when I looked at the Personnel hosted Feature Layer > Data > Check-in layer. I could see the survey submissions coming in through there.

Update:

I double checked the Personnel CSV file my colleague had updated and found extra spaces in the username. This was the reason it was not updating. Now I need to delete the extra appended data. Thank you so much!

Sarah

0 Kudos
SarahL3
New Contributor

Hi Eric,

New issue, sorry!

We seem to be having an issue with viewing the dashboard from other users. I can see it, probably because I have access to all of the layers, maps and tables - and another admin user can see all of the stats on the dashboard. The managers we shared the dashboard with only see this:

Are there certain layers, tables, maps I need to also share with the managers?

Thank you,

Sarah

0 Kudos
EricWagner1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah, As you alluded to, the dashboard is just one piece of the solution that needs to be shared. Please share all of the following:

1. Personnel Status Dashboard (Dashboard)
  2. Personnel_current (Table(hosted, view))
  3. Personnel_all (Feature Layer (hosted, view))
  4. Personnel Status Dashboard (Web Map)
  5. Personnel_dashboard (Feature Layer (hosted, view))

Items that need to be shared in order for others to view the dashboard

I would recommend creating a separate group for this and adding all of the managers to this group. This will help to ensure that only those who need to see this information will have access to it.

ShawnBushnell
New Contributor

I can't get the individual or team dashboards to show anything either. They don't seem to see the records that are submitted. The web maps that drive them don't show the records either. It is like the hosted feature layer views are configured in such a way as to not pick up the records, but I can't figure out why. I have two records in the personnel feature layer, but nothing showing in the personnel_all hosted view. Thus nothing on the dashboards.

Ahh!!! Need help.

0 Kudos