Creating a table view of ArcGIS Online layer

Jump to solution
04-27-2020 03:13 PM
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to create a table view of a layer in arcgis online. I have a COVID-19 dataset that is private, I would like to use some of the attribute data in a dashboard without making the geometry data public. Therefore, i'm looking to create a table in arcgis online that updates when the private layer is updated but doesnt have any of the x/y information. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricShreve
Occasional Contributor II

Benjamin Mittler‌ how about adding the table through the dashboard?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
EricShreve

Benjamin Mittler‌ have you looked at creating a view layer? It gives you the ability to hide fields for the end user.

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Eric,

It's actually the opposite of this that i'm trying to accomplish. I would like a view of a layer that is only attribute table, no feature geometry.

0 Kudos
EricShreve

Benjamin Mittler‌ how about adding the table through the dashboard?

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

@BenjaminMittler @EricShreve Doesn't that still leave the geometry on the item used in dashboard? While it isn't visible in the dashboard, someone could still find the item on ArcGIS Online and see the geometry.

0 Kudos
MrG
by
New Contributor III

Yeah, I have the exact same question. I designed the same solution as you: in my intranet, I create a Table View of my feature class containing only the fields that I want to show, and therefore converting my feature class in a non spatial table. I upload my data to a Feature Service in AGOL without any warning. I can even see the table in my Feature Service in AGOL. So far, so good. But when I open the table, it is empty. No records. It has all the fields but no records.

Any hint would be appreciated.

p.s.: Using Pro 2.6. to define the Table View with data from an Enterprise Geodatabase.

0 Kudos