Creating a table view of ArcGIS Online layer

Jump to solution
04-27-2020 03:13 PM
Labels (1)
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to create a table view of a layer in arcgis online. I have a COVID-19 dataset that is private, I would like to use some of the attribute data in a dashboard without making the geometry data public. Therefore, i'm looking to create a table in arcgis online that updates when the private layer is updated but doesnt have any of the x/y information. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor II

Benjamin Mittler‌ how about adding the table through the dashboard?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Benjamin Mittler‌ have you looked at creating a view layer? It gives you the ability to hide fields for the end user.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Eric,

It's actually the opposite of this that i'm trying to accomplish. I would like a view of a layer that is only attribute table, no feature geometry.

0 Kudos

Benjamin Mittler‌ how about adding the table through the dashboard?

View solution in original post

by
New Contributor II

Yeah, I have the exact same question. I designed the same solution as you: in my intranet, I create a Table View of my feature class containing only the fields that I want to show, and therefore converting my feature class in a non spatial table. I upload my data to a Feature Service in AGOL without any warning. I can even see the table in my Feature Service in AGOL. So far, so good. But when I open the table, it is empty. No records. It has all the fields but no records.

Any hint would be appreciated.

p.s.: Using Pro 2.6. to define the Table View with data from an Enterprise Geodatabase.

0 Kudos