Coronavirus Health Screening Solution – User Access

Jump to solution
08-24-2020 07:29 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Chris Fox and Scott Oppmann

Once the Coronavirus Health Screening solution has been installed in “My Content” and configured, how do you envision employees and visitors access the forms?  The employee and visitor questionnaires are driven by Survey123 forms and associated feature services.  Not all 100 employees in our office have ArcGIS Online user accounts.  As administrator of the health screening solution, do I just “Share” the forms with the “Public” and then share the URL to the forms with our users?  Which feature service or services also need to be shared with the Public?  Just the feature service named “HealthScreenings_Public”?  Is there a possibility that others outside of our organization will stumble upon the publicly shared survey forms and feature service by performing a Bing or Google internet search?  Is this security by obscurity? 

Which of these items should be “Shared” publicly in order for end-users to have access to the health screening form?

Items

Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

Joe Flannery

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe, the HealthScreenings_public view is used by both the Employee and Visitor Health Screening surveys and is the only one you need to share for it to be accessible. The view is configure to allow users to only add new records, they can't query, update or delete. In addition to securing the survey and view, if employees have a named user when they login to the survey it will automatically pull their full name and email into the form, which simplifies what they have to fill out. Otherwise, yes you are correct if you share publicly it it will be possible for anyone to access. However, they will only be able to submit new records and won't be able to query anything from the service or edit existing records.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe, the HealthScreenings_public view is used by both the Employee and Visitor Health Screening surveys and is the only one you need to share for it to be accessible. The view is configure to allow users to only add new records, they can't query, update or delete. In addition to securing the survey and view, if employees have a named user when they login to the survey it will automatically pull their full name and email into the form, which simplifies what they have to fill out. Otherwise, yes you are correct if you share publicly it it will be possible for anyone to access. However, they will only be able to submit new records and won't be able to query anything from the service or edit existing records.

JoeFlannery

Chris:

Thank you very much for this clarification.  This makes me feel more comfortable deploying this solution for our office.  Many thanks to you and Scott for building this solution and making it available for all to use and easy to deploy.

Sincerely,

Joe

ScottOppmann
Esri Contributor

Joe –

We expected the Employee screening form to be accessed by named users in your organizations. If you do, the form will populate the name and email automatically. The visitor form should be made public and could be shared on posters/forms via a QR code; or via a URL on your website.

Scott

JoeFlannery

Scott:

Having all 100 of our staff as named users in ArcGIS Online would be quite expensive, since they would need a Field Worker or Creator license type to participate with a Survey123 form, correct?  I like your QR Code idea for a poster in the lobby area near our receptionist.

ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joe, to use the Survey123 web form you only need an Editor user type. The mobile app would require a Field Worker. I did want to add that we currently offer packs of 50 additional Editor user types at a reduced price for use with the Coronavirus Business Continuity solution. We are extending this to apply to the Coronavirus Health Screening solution as well. So something to consider. 

Coronavirus Business Continuity Solution | No Cost Template | Software Pricing 

JoeFlannery

Chris:

Thank you for information that Editor type licenses work with the web version of Survey123.  I am meeting with our Health & Safety folks to demonstrate this solution.  If this takes off, we could be talking about 100's of staff using this application.  I'll keep the reduced price licenses in mind.

Thank you,

Joe