Time enabled feature service of COVID-19 cases by county?

Jump to solution
04-06-2020 10:28 AM
Labels (1)
charliemix1
New Contributor III

I'm looking for a feature service or other data that shows a daily total of cases by county, without having to pull it off GitHub manually and updating my self. Does this exist? I know this is available via Johns Hopkins by country, but what about by US county? 

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JosephElfelt1
Occasional Contributor

For anyone looking for daily count data I wrote code to process the Johns Hopkins cumulative count data into daily count data.  See my post:

https://community.esri.com/message/927426-here-are-covid-casedeath-counts-by-day-for-countiesstatesc... 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdamHinely
New Contributor II

The Johns Hopkins US county-level data with current cases is available in the Living Atlas. Just search for "COVID-19 Cases US". If you need the full daily history of these data you'll have to go through GitHub.

Since March 23rd the Johns Hopkins has been reporting at the county level in the US. Before that it was at the state level in the US.

charliemix1
New Contributor III

Yes, but from what I've seen it shows total cases to date by county, not cases per day...

0 Kudos
ThomasClinger
New Contributor

I've noticed some state department of health databases have this information as a service. 

0 Kudos
JeremiahGarcia
New Contributor

Hi, not sure if this helps but I figured it might partially answer your question. Have you tried toggling through the adim field at the bottom. It will give a state as well as a county by clicking on the location indicators. However it only gives you number of confirmed cases, active cases and deaths. I know you are looking for new cases. 

0 Kudos
JosephElfelt1
Occasional Contributor

For anyone looking for daily count data I wrote code to process the Johns Hopkins cumulative count data into daily count data.  See my post:

https://community.esri.com/message/927426-here-are-covid-casedeath-counts-by-day-for-countiesstatesc... 

PeterWang
New Contributor III

Any ideas how to get COVID deaths per US County between specific start and end dates? Thank you.

0 Kudos