Vertical Datum Changes

Jump to solution
03-03-2019 07:57 PM
ChuckTurlington
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am using Arc Map 10.4.1.

I have the impression that my version of ArcMap will not perform vertical transformations/projections on datums but only the Pro version is capable of this.  However, I also see that inside ArcMap a reference is given to "ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data installation package" as a required data set needed to perform vertical coordinate changes.  Also, a coordinate video by ESRI gave me the impression that ArcMap can do vertical datum changes.  So I have to ask, if I download the data installation package, will that allow me to use ArcMap 10.4.1 to perform vertical coordinate changes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1, you can use the Project Tool to perform some vertical transformations like NGVD29 to NAVD88. You can't do anything on-the-fly in ArcMap itself, nor can you apply a vertical transformation to a raster. 

Melita

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

In ArcGIS Desktop 10.4.1, you can use the Project Tool to perform some vertical transformations like NGVD29 to NAVD88. You can't do anything on-the-fly in ArcMap itself, nor can you apply a vertical transformation to a raster. 

Melita