Spatial Ref. Do Not Match? Annos?

09-30-2015 12:15 PM
Labels (1)
JacquelineAlessi
Occasional Contributor II

I was editing some items in a GDB about a week ago (no one else has access to it), and evrything was going fine. Today I returned to work on the same FC began drawing a new polygon and when I went to complete the feature I was given the warning that the spatial references do not match.

I investegated the layers further,

All FC have the identical XYZ using the WKID value.

I expected this based on them being in the FDS.

The only thing that I can imagine is that the Annotation FC are causing the issue because they are noty Z Enabled. Ids this a valid thought?

I did further investigation....

I have other FDS that are the same, FC with XYZ and Annotation FC with XY only. I can edit these groups and NOT get the error message.

Why would 1 FDS be handled different than another?

I know that you cant trust a PCS or GCS are identical based on name alone thats why I checked the WKID...

I need to resolve thisd and am at a loss. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JacquelineAlessi

One more thing, I CAN edit the Annotation FC I CANNOT edit the FC, all stored in the same FDS.

0 Kudos
JacquelineAlessi

One more piece to the puzzle. If I start a new MXD and load all the items in mass using add data and try to edit I get the same error. If I start a new MXD and add the items one by one using the add data button I DO NOT get the error any longer.

I cant do this for all of my data, over 200 mxds, ALL with differnt data sets consisting of minimally 12 FC/AnnoFC.

ANy thoughts on how to move forward, I literally have abou 3-4 hours I can sopend on fixxing everything.

We recently moved the data to a new server but this issue started about 4 weeks from the migration.

0 Kudos
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

try loading the fc you want to edit first. Arcmap uses the the coords of the first fc loaded.

0 Kudos