Project Raster Tool not honoring Processing Extent

Jump to solution
04-08-2015 11:32 AM
SteveRobischon
New Contributor III

I'm trying to project a raster DEM using the Project Raster tool and at the same time clip the result using the Processing Extent environment option.  A bullet in the help system description appears to indicate the output extent will be the same as that of the input raster, but at the bottom of the help Extent is included in the environments.

No matter what Processing Extent I set, the output always has the same extent as the input.  Am I missing something in the settings, or does this tool just not allow the use of a processing extent?

11 Replies
SteveRobischon
New Contributor III

David,

It worked!  I assume the same (extent coordinates in Input coordinate system) applies when you use Same as "feature class"?  And does that mean that if I'm going to use an AOI feature class to define an extent, it needs to be in the input projection and not the desired output projection?  If so, maybe a nice upgrade would be for the Tool/Function to project the extent coordinate system to that of the input on the fly behind the scene before processing the input.

Thanks,

Steve R

P_C__RishinandanYoga
New Contributor

Hi David,

Even though, I changed the coordinate system into same. It's not changing. It's giving me the output of the whole extent.