Grid to Ground for an Orthomosiac image

01-09-2020 09:53 AM
Labels (1)
EricClay
New Contributor

I recently started with a Land Surveying firm and they asked to dive into my GIS and Imagery background to see if I can orhtomosiac their drone imagery for use in CAD. It has been about 5 years since I lasted worked in GIS and imagery so I am trying to get my mind back into it while also learning the surveying side.

Grid 2 Ground is a concept I didn't even know existed until I started here, so I have still been working on wrapping my head around it. I was wondering if someone would not mind helping me with my thought process on this to see if I am on track and if this is even possible in Arc with imagery. 

So my issue is that I have Drone imagery collected by the survey teams and I am wanting to convert this data to the Colorado Central State Plane Coordinate System while applying a scale factor to the image to project it from Grid to Ground. 

From what I have been able to find out I am pretty sure my answer involves creating my own coordinate system and adjusting the false eastings and northings using my scale factor and then running a projection on the orthomosiac, but I am not quite sure how I would calculate my needed values.

Drone Data Collected in UTM, zone 13N WGS 84, 

Survey data collected in Colorado State Plane Central 0502, NAD83

Grid to Ground Scale factor = 1.000386512227

I'd appreciate any help or guidance if anyone else has ran into these issues.

Thank you,

Eric

0 Kudos
0 Replies