TTT Training Workshop, Limbe Botanical Garden, Cameroon 2016

07-02-2019 04:26 PM

TTT Training Workshop, Limbe Botanical Garden, Cameroon 2016

Dates: TTT Training - ArcGIS for Environmental Analysis July 11-15 and Advanced Topics for ArcGIS, July 18-22 in Limbe, Cameroon. The class was initiated by Buh and there was EFN funding for the WWF participants. There were 25 students total for both classes from about 10 different conservation groups.
(Photo below: Graduation– All the students and teachers. Courtesy of John Schaeffer)  xHistory xTTT

TTT Trainees: The two trainees were Gaston Buh Wung, a 2009 and 2013 Scholar from Cameroon who was the primary local organizer; and Claudel Tshibangu Lukusa, also a 2013 Scholar, from DRC.
(Photo Below: Claudel, John, & Buh, getting their TTT certificates on the last day of class

Funding: Buh received a grant from EFN for just under $6,000, but that mostly had to go to participants. TTT costs were $7,059 and came from the funding that Esri provided.
Photo Below: Being Interviewed – A local TV reporter came to our last day of class and interviewed me and Buh about the class and conservation GIS. I was wearing a traditional garment Zouh made for me.

Juniper Contribution: 10 days of training, 5 days of prep; 5 days of working with Trainees.
(Photo Below: Students. Some of the students in the class, taking pictures of me with Claudel & Buh in the traditional local garment Zouh made).

Version history
Last update:
‎07-02-2019 04:26 PM
Updated by:
Anonymous User
Contributors