Replace Collector with FieldMaps in the "All Communities" Menu

06-05-2023 11:16 AM
Labels (2)
AlfredBaldenweck
MVP Regular Contributor

Pretty simple.

Collector has been deprecated for 18 months, but it still shows up in the products menu when trying to find a specific board.

To find the FieldMaps board, you have click on "All Products Communities" and then go to the second page.

I loved Collector, but it'd be great if I could find the FieldMaps community more easily.

AlfredBaldenweck_0-1685988877154.png

3 Comments
MichelleMathias
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @AlfredBaldenweck  thank you for your feedback. I understand your frustration. But the All Communities menu is driven by views, the most viewed products will show in the product menu area, and you are correct to get to the rest of the 90+ product places you need to click "All Products".  In the case of Collector and FieldMaps, although Collector is deprecated, I believe there must still be a number of customers still using it that haven't moved over to FieldMaps. Over time as FieldMaps becomes more popular/viewed it will naturally slide into the top level product list. 

AlfredBaldenweck

That's disappointing to hear, but I understand.

One thing that I think may be impairing that slide is that it seems a ton of users go to Collector to ask FieldMaps questions, presumably because they don't want to go looking for the FieldMaps board.

MichelleMathias

@AlfredBaldenweck  Fair point!