Keep more than 2 weeks of notifications in community feed

08-24-2022 09:20 PM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

It looks like only 2 weeks of notifications are stored in the community notifications feed page:

Bud_0-1661400940272.png

As far as I can tell, older notifications get automatically deleted.

It would be helpful if more notifications could be stored. For example, I've been out of the office for more than 2 weeks. So any notifications from more than 2 weeks ago have been lost.

I'm aware that some of the notifications might have been sent to me via email. That helps in some cases, but is not a complete picture.

Tags (2)
8 Comments
JohannesLindner

Hmmm... I can scroll down to 2.5 months ago. And I don't get that orange bar.

JohannesLindner_0-1661412791676.png

DanPatterson

mute.png

If you don't get email updates, it seems to keep everything forever...

JohannesLindner

I don't think it's the email. It's the page.

https://community.esri.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions/ shows all subscribtions, and it shows new comments as small number.

https://community.esri.com/t5/notificationfeed/page  shows a much more detailed breakdown of what has happened (new thread/new comments/kudos/mentions, etc), but only for a relatively small time frame.

KenBuja

I can scroll back through just over a year (last date 9/10/21) in my notification feed page. Do MVPs have more capabilities on this page?

DanPatterson

Perhaps.  I have 163 pages and I have probably delete 50 already.

I requested the ability to batch delete the notice pages, but sadly you can only do one at a time.

So this is a case of .... not enough notices vs how do I get rid of them ....

@MichelleMathias  can the mystery be solved 😉 

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @DanPatterson @Bud Thank you for both the use cases. I am working to find answers on these and will let you know if we have a way to resolve both or if it would be an enhancement. Thank you.

SimiBasu

Hi @Bud I checked back with the vendor and we verified that we are able to see before 2 weeks of notifications. please check and let me know if you have any question. Thanks Simi.

Notification.png

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Implemented