If an idea gets merged to a different idea, automatically kudo that idea

02-01-2023 08:29 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Regarding cases where Esri Idea Managers merge a user’s idea with a different idea:

I find I usually forget to upvote the other person’s idea. It’s the kind of thing I’d assume would happen automatically, but it doesn’t currently work that way.

Could that behaviour be changed? If Esri has deemed the ideas to be duplicates, then I think it’s safe to say that we’d want to upvote that other idea by default.

Tags (2)
7 Comments
DaraBurlo

Hi @Bud 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are right, this should happen automatically. But it looks like there is a possibility that some cases may not have brought the kudo's over. Could you share the idea that you noticed this happening with and I will look into it.

Thanks

Bud
by

@DaraBurlo 

I think this post from today is an example:

Set fields to read-only in the FC source properties, not just the map Contents layer properties

It was merged into a different idea:

Read Only attribute inside Geodatabase
https://community.esri.com/t5/data-management-ideas/read-only-attribute-inside-geodatabase/idc-p/125...

If I recall, the system didn’t upvote the idea automatically for me. But in this case, I happened to notice, and upvoted it manually myself.

For what it’s worth, here’s a screenshot of the email that notified me that the idea was merged:

90E1A0F7-67C5-4183-98A3-D3B8E4FE03E7.jpeg

MichelleMathias
Status changed to: Under Review

Bud
by

Here are some other examples:

The system doesn't seem to have automatically upvote those ideas for me.

Bud
by

An additional/recent example of a merged idea that didn't get automatically upvoted:

Quick filter in Contents Panel in Catalog Window

Bud_0-1678371786050.png

Bud
by

Here's another example. In this case, I went in afterwards and upvoted the idea.

Double click feature classes or shapefiles in Catalog Pane for Properties Access

Bud
by

Here's another example of an idea of mine that was merged to a different idea, but that idea wasn't automatically upvoted.

Store additional information in coded value domains