What happened to all of my ideas?

Jump to solution
03-10-2021 06:34 AM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Tom and Michael,

This is explained here: https://community.esri.com/t5/community-help-documents/frequently-asked-questions-about-arcgis-ideas...

"In the previous generation of ArcGIS Ideas, there were more than 17,000 ideas submitted within the last decade. A large number of these had already been implemented or were no longer actionable as they had been closed with a status such as Already Offered, Duplicate, or Not In Current Product Plan. These, along with ideas that had not seen any activity for five years, were moved to an archive on the new site to help bring focus to active ideas."

Those that you list (and I know that there will be many others) were archived because they are already implemented.  If there are ideas that you feel would add value to the current site, you can email us and we can work with you.

I hope this explanation helps.

Kory

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Please bring back Thomas Colson's ideas.  He helped to ensure Pro equivalency to ArcMap with all his Ideas!!!!!

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Tom and Michael,

This is explained here: https://community.esri.com/t5/community-help-documents/frequently-asked-questions-about-arcgis-ideas...

"In the previous generation of ArcGIS Ideas, there were more than 17,000 ideas submitted within the last decade. A large number of these had already been implemented or were no longer actionable as they had been closed with a status such as Already Offered, Duplicate, or Not In Current Product Plan. These, along with ideas that had not seen any activity for five years, were moved to an archive on the new site to help bring focus to active ideas."

Those that you list (and I know that there will be many others) were archived because they are already implemented.  If there are ideas that you feel would add value to the current site, you can email us and we can work with you.

I hope this explanation helps.

Kory

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Here is my dissent...

A lot of ideas get a lot of comments, and some comments were really good. For example, the idea to make the Pro Desktop Icon look like sasquatch might have included another users comment on how you can do it yourself and not wait for the idea to be implemented. In other words, many of the now-archived ideas contained responses and comments that are of general benefit to the GIS community who simply stumbled on an Idea after googling "Sasquatch Icon".  Or the idea to bring back the Jerry Garcia easter egg included a succinct response from ESRI that it's not going to happen. 

Now the entire GIS community breathlessly awaits the reintroduction of Jerry......

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

KoryKramer_0-1615421330426.png

I hear you.  If it is in the current software, it is far less likely that somebody would be looking for it.  Of course, we know that it is entirely possible that users will not like how the Sasquatch icon was implemented, or may have additional input now that the icon is there (it should be placed differently, etc.).  It would be appropriate to submit a new idea that is relevant to the current software at that point.  

EddyShipman
New Contributor II

Bring back The Fat Man!

EddyShipman_1-1631058821348.png

Garcia later Colson

0 Kudos