"What makes a good ArcGIS Idea?" section for FAQ

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 01:12 PM
PeterKnoop
MVP Regular Contributor

I think it would be helpful to have a "What makes a good ArcGIS Idea?" section in Frequently Asked Questions about ArcGIS Ideas. It would envision it as a short collection of tips on what is important to include in the Description of an ArcGIS Idea to make it as useful as possible.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Peter.  Thank you for the suggestion.  In the FAQ we refer to the Submission Guidelines:

"Once again, we recommend consulting the ArcGIS Ideas Submission Guidelines at this point, which has tips on how to craft an effective idea using an impactful Title, Description, Label (if the Idea Exchange supports labels) and, optionally, Tags."

I think that the Submission Considerations section of the guidelines speaks most closely to what you're envisioning, though there are a few things that should be considered before even starting to submit an idea.  We cover those in the Pre-submission Considerations.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Peter.  Thank you for the suggestion.  In the FAQ we refer to the Submission Guidelines:

"Once again, we recommend consulting the ArcGIS Ideas Submission Guidelines at this point, which has tips on how to craft an effective idea using an impactful Title, Description, Label (if the Idea Exchange supports labels) and, optionally, Tags."

I think that the Submission Considerations section of the guidelines speaks most closely to what you're envisioning, though there are a few things that should be considered before even starting to submit an idea.  We cover those in the Pre-submission Considerations.

Does that help?