"Did you get the answer you needed" Email

11-05-2021 07:53 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

All of us get this email from time to time, and often times I find myself in the position wanting to respond with something like: 'As a matter of fact, no; but I came up with a work around..."  I'm not one to check my own responses as the accepted solution, but I wonder if there is a way to utilize the feed back loop to allow a response similar to what I mention.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

This really bugs me about this forum too, I want to see something other than "There is a solution!" pointing at a reply that does not solve the problem but essentially says there is no solution.

The OP should ignore the prompting if there is no solution. Esri should offer other ways to close out questions-- "This is a bug" would be a good one. Honesty is good.

I guess for me it's a let down to find someone has already asked my question and marked a solution only to find out that it's not a solution at all -- I love that someone got a proper response but then the rug is pulled out.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

However, providing a link that it is a bug is an answer to the question and most of those remain open as un-Accepted

... sort of retired...
Brian_Wilson
Occasional Contributor III

I would mark this as the correct solution.

0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for all the comments and back and forth on this topic. The accept solution is standard response and workflow is part of the core platform.  I will pass along your feedback and suggestions to the platform vendor for future considerations. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos