Select to view content in your preferred language

Post marked as "spam" for no reason?

Jump to solution
01-25-2023 01:18 PM
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

I posted an hour ago to ask for help with strange ArcGIS behaviour. However, my post was moved to "MY REJECTED ITEMS" (a subcategory of My Unmoderated Items) after I got some message indicating that the post was marked as Spam.

What will happen with that post now, and what can I do about it?

The question is related to some earlier question I had; however, it describes an entirely new issue and it is not a duplicate.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Manu! We have an automated spam filter system that seems to have misidentified your post and tucked it away until one of our team members could have a look. The filter is usually good at what it does but does make mistakes from time-to-time. You didn't do anything wrong and don't need to do anything different next time. I've released your post Run external Python script from ArcMap .pyt Toolbox and wait for completion so that it's now publicly viewable.

If, by chance, this ever happens to you again, please feel encouraged to send our Esri Community team an email at esricommunity@esri.com and we'll be happy to look into it as quickly as we can.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Manu! We have an automated spam filter system that seems to have misidentified your post and tucked it away until one of our team members could have a look. The filter is usually good at what it does but does make mistakes from time-to-time. You didn't do anything wrong and don't need to do anything different next time. I've released your post Run external Python script from ArcMap .pyt Toolbox and wait for completion so that it's now publicly viewable.

If, by chance, this ever happens to you again, please feel encouraged to send our Esri Community team an email at esricommunity@esri.com and we'll be happy to look into it as quickly as we can.

Jesse Cloutier
Manu
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

DanMakridakis
Occasional Contributor

HI Jesse,

I just sent esricommunity an email. But since you're online I was wondering if you could release my idea that was incorrectly flagged as spam.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/virtual-draft-states-for-enhanced-vers...

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @DanMakridakis, you should have just received a DM from me about this. Your post has been made public again. Please disregard my note about emailing our team for a potentially faster resolution — I see that you did take that step first via your message above. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Thanks just happened to me, my post has been approved and is now visible.  

I clicked the little abuse report and asked to my post reviewed, and in less than an hour it was back up.  No idea what flagged the system.  Glad it was not me

RyanBohan_1-1716419429955.png

0 Kudos