Photo Captions Not Visible While Composing

Jump to solution
06-09-2021 07:01 PM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed that I am able to add captions to photos in my post, like so:

Here's me composing this post with an image of me composing the post, with a caption on the photo. But I don't see it!Here's me composing this post with an image of me composing the post, with a caption on the photo. But I don't see it!

However, when I am composing my post, I can't actually see the caption.

It's small potatoes, as issues go, but just something that irked me.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, I see that behavior is irksome. It's a limitation of the current version of the 3rd party text editor by the looks of it. However we are continuing to work closely with our support team on advocating for a newer version of that text editor which I have seen does display captions inline with the image whilst composing or editing a post in the way you are asking for. 

The only alternative to see the caption prior to publishing is to use the preview option. Here is me previewing this post having added a picture with a caption using the Preview/Exit Preview option top right. 

LouiseB_Esri_0-1623699922856.png

Hope the preview option is useful. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Josh, I see that behavior is irksome. It's a limitation of the current version of the 3rd party text editor by the looks of it. However we are continuing to work closely with our support team on advocating for a newer version of that text editor which I have seen does display captions inline with the image whilst composing or editing a post in the way you are asking for. 

The only alternative to see the caption prior to publishing is to use the preview option. Here is me previewing this post having added a picture with a caption using the Preview/Exit Preview option top right. 

LouiseB_Esri_0-1623699922856.png

Hope the preview option is useful. 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Somehow that little option slipped my notice! Very helpful, thank you!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS