Old Blog post formatting is wrong

11-22-2020 02:33 PM
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As an example

point-in-polygon-geometry-mysteries 

The formatting is all wrong.  

I can't edit anything from my previous incarnation, and there appears no way to transfer ownership of content.

There are two options.

1.  An automajic fix
  2. Delete them all (127 ish or so)

They are useless as they stand now.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan, don't worry we are working on a sort of site wide automajic fix for the code formatting which I assume is the bit you are referring to as all wrong. I did the equivalent of that on the example you gave and it's now looking much better hopefully. See what you think.

We definitely want to avoid deleting them. Our fix is being deployed tomorrow which should do the automajic on the code snippets and anything else you need fixing we can help with. 

Let's see how they look after the fix tomorrow and then go from there.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous User 

Thanks Louise... that certainly fixed the code formatting.  As it was it was totally destroyed, making it useless

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You said "tomorrow," which is now today, but the formatting is still messed up with migrated blogs.  Is there a set time of day the hosting provider commonly rolls out changes?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have requested a mid day update as our regular update windows are Tues and Thurs overnight.

We tested the fix in our lower tiers Friday afternoon and testing looks good so this is the earliest we could get deployment outside of those regular windows. We are in the queue so I can't be specific on timeframe at this stage but we have marked this as a high priority for update today. 

As soon as it's done we'll let you know. 

0 Kudos