Mark posts as read setting

11-25-2020 09:07 AM
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How does the "Mark post as read" setting in the General Preference settings really work? I have mine currently set on "Automatically, when I log off", but the posts are rarely marked as read when I log off.

However, in the past hour or so, the posts before "Remove Mapview and layout" have all been marked as read without me logging off.

markasread.png

Will you add a manual "Mark posts as read" option?

Additionally, on that same Preference page, what does "Sort topics by: Time of most recent post" do? All my posts are sorted by "Original posting date" even though I have the most recent post option selected.

Tags (2)
17 Comments
MichelleMathias

Hi Ken, thanks for the feedback,  The expected results for for the Mark posts, if nothing happens on those posts they stay marked read (light grey), but if someone comments it switches back to the bold, if that is not what you are experiencing we will need to investigate and test further.  As for the sort view options, these might not work as expected since we have a customer activity feed applied to most pages, we will have to look into this further and see if which settings might be conflicting.

KenBuja

This what my feed looked like before signing out:

before.png

When I signed back in again, the same posts were still marked as unread ("Survey123 Send button..." and "Error The requested...") with no new responses to either post.

MichelleMathias

okay, thanks for the extra detail. We will have to investigate this might also be due to the customizations we made to the feed. I did add your request for a manual mark as read option to our Known Issues and Future Enhancements  list.

KenBuja

Also, when I scrolled down the feed to see this post, it was not marked as unread after you replied to it.

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Closed

Hi Ken, this is working as expected, please let us know if you are still having issues. Thanks Simi

KenBuja

It isn't working as expected. I set the "Mark posts as read" Preference to " Automatically, when I log off " yesterday and my session logged out after the eight-hour window. This morning, when I logged on again, only the posts I had read yesterday were marked as read.

read.png

SimiBasu

@KenBuja Thank you for your comment. Let me check the Preferences and will get back to you. Thanks Simi

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your comment. Let me check the Preferences and will get back to you. Thanks Simi

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Hi @KenBuja  the vendor team did the below analysis. Pease let me know if this helps. 

Analysis: User has selected Automatically mark ready when log-off option.

It means that unread posts also will be marked as read automatically after logoff. The read posts will mark read immediately(once the page is refreshed). The read posts will not wait till user logs off to be marked as read.

Thanks

Simi

GoWest
by

"Automatically, when I log off " also does not work for me.