LiSESSIONID Cookie Prevents Site Load

04-28-2022 01:52 PM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I remember someone posted about this issue a while back, but haven't seen much of it since. When my sign-in token expires, the community.esri.com site will no longer load until I clear my cookies.

I recently found that it was the LiSESSIONID cookie in particular that was responsible for this behavior.

Is anyone else experiencing this? That you get logged out after 8 hours and the site won't load anymore?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This happens to me sometimes, but not every time my token expires. Which browser are you using? In my original question about this, it was identified as a Firefox bug.

The 8-hour expiration time is a nuisance. I asked about this in a MVP quarterly meeting and it's an Esri policy. Apparently, they don't have a lunch hour.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ah, that was the post I was looking for, thank you!

It happens on both Firefox and a variety of Chromium-based browsers. It's basically become habit at this point that sometime after 3 I'm going to have to clear that cookie. Ah well.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this up again. I am looing into this again with our accounts/ security team to see if there is any flexibility here. 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos