Link at top of page should open Community Basics homepage

02-24-2023 11:29 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

The Community Basics menu/link at top of page should open Community Basics homepage -- via right-click >> open in new tab.

Currently, right-click >> open in new tab opens the current page in a new tab, not Community Basics. That seems like a bug.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for catching this possible bug and sending it our way, @Bud. @SimiBasu, tagging you for further investigation.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Thank you @JesseCloutier for tagging me. @Bud  This is not a bug, but the expected behavior of the platform. On the webpage , if you have an active page open and if you right-click from that page , it will open the current open page as per the expected behavior. But if the user activates the menu and then right-clicks it will open the menu homepage that you are trying to open. I will close this case unless you have any further questions. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

@SimiBasu 

I don't think I follow.

But if the user activates the menu and then right-clicks it will open the menu homepage that you are trying to open.

If I left-click the menu, then right-click >> open in new tab, I get the same result as before: the current page opens in the new tab, not the Community Basics homepage.

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud Update: after further investigation we found that the Community Basics page is missing in the backend and we are working to fix this. This is not a bug, but the url needs to be updated. I will let you know once, this is fixed so you have a chance to review it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud . This issue has been fixed and is in production now. Please let me know if you have any questions, after you have a chance to check it out. @JesseCloutier  for your visibility. Thanks.