Indicate if we already gave an idea a thumbs up kudos

01-15-2021 01:11 PM
MarkVolz
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

When viewing all of the ideas it may be useful if the kudos icon changed colors if we had already voted up the idea.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
10 Comments
KoryKramer

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark!  Since it isn't related to an improvement in ArcGIS Pro, and rather is feedback about the Esri Community site in general, I moved it out of the ArcGIS Pro idea exchange.

When you say "when viewing all of the ideas" I'm assuming you're referring to the Latest Activity feed on an ideas board.  Is that correct?

For example, https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-pro-ideas

below you'd like to be able to quickly tell if one of those two votes was already from you.

KoryKramer_0-1610746005774.png

DanPatterson

kudos.png

KoryKramer

Thanks, Dan 😀.  Yeah, as I thought through the suggestion, I also realized that when you're looking at an individual post, you can tell whether you kudoed or not.  But I see Mark's point about being able to quickly determine that when scrolling through the activity feed. 

Katie_Clark

Hello all,

I had a somewhat related question - does the number of kudos affect the visibility of the Idea in the same way the "thumbs up" did in the old Geonet?

KoryKramer

Hi Katherine, can you clarify what you mean by "affect the visibility"?  Are you asking if giving a kudo moves an idea up in the Recently Updated view of the Latest Activity feed?

Comments (including Status Change, which adds a comment) along with other edits will count as recent activity.  Adding or removing a kudo does not count as recent activity.  

Is that what you are asking?

Cheers,

Kory

Katie_Clark

I'm referring to how in the old Geonet, Ideas that received enough "thumbs up" were more likely to be considered and added to the product plan. How is that handled in the new system?

KoryKramer
Katie_Clark

Yes, thanks so much Kory! I appreciate the help. I'm still getting used to finding my way around this place 🙂

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Requested

Thank you for the idea Mark. We have added this to our development team's list for review and analysis. I will let you know if I will need any additional details. Thanks Simi

SimiBasu
Status changed to: Closed

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the idea. After analyzing this with our vendor we are limited to the functionality of the component. As this is OOB component, we cannot directly touch the styles without making heavy customization on top. To check if the Kudo is given or not, we will have to add more APIs. That will cause the page speed to go down. To avoid impacting page performance, we are suggesting to not make these changes and I will add this to our enhancement list at this point. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support and contributions.

Thanks Simi