Idea submission is broken - it fails to realize labels have been chosen

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 04:45 PM
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

Submit button is disabled, and red text appears, even though I've entered labels.

KirkKuykendall1_0-1614818651328.png

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @KirkKuykendall1 , for the Idea Exchange in question, only a single label can be used. Based on the screenshot provided, it seems like either "SDK", or "Documentation & Help" can be selected.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you run into any other issues. Thanks! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ThomasEdghill
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @KirkKuykendall1 , for the Idea Exchange in question, only a single label can be used. Based on the screenshot provided, it seems like either "SDK", or "Documentation & Help" can be selected.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you run into any other issues. Thanks! 

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

from Known Issues and Future Enhancements - Esri Community

Label Chooser experience

Improve the UI for searching, reviewing label descriptions and choosing labels to add to posted contentPartial implementation in progress
(Target Feb 2021)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @KirkKuykendall1 In addition to Thomas' comment, is there wording for the guidance provided in red that would make it more understandable that ideas posted in the ArcGIS Pro idea exchange must have one label only, not more and not fewer?  We can update the wording; let us know what would have made more sense to you.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KirkKuykendall1
Occasional Contributor III

I think it's standard UI practice to use something like a dropdown box to provide a way for user to pick just one item from a list.  A text box is confusing, and all the buttons are a waste of screen real estate.

Thanks, Kirk