Error: "community.esri.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies."

06-29-2022 03:32 AM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Does anybody else get this error from the Esri Community website in Chrome?

This page isn't working

community.esri.com redirected you too many times.

Try clearing your cookies.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Bud_1-1656498729505.png

It happens about once per week for me.
Clearing cookies solves it. So it's not a huge deal, just inconvenient.

Does anyone else get that error? I don't get it for any other websites. Just the Esri Community.

Chrome Version 103.0.5060.53 (Official Build) (64-bit). Windows 10.

33 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yeah. This is a known issue. It started appearing sometime last year.

No solution found yet.

Sometimes I don't like clearing cache and other website information of many websites. So, I prefer accessing this site in incognito mode. Restarting the incognito mode lets the access the website again, without having to clear cache in my normal browser.

Think Location
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Thanks.

For anyone who isn’t aware, in Chrome, we can clear the cache of a specific website by right clicking the icon to the left of the URL. I’m not on a desktop computer right now, so I can’t outline the rest of the steps. But I think it’s straightforward.

Clearing the cache of a specific site is convenient. A lot better than clearing the cache for all sites…and losing all your saved settings.

Side note: I wonder if “rejecting all cookies” for the Esri Community would help avoid that error?

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just FYI, it appears to be the LiSESSIONID cookie that does it. Clearing just that one usually fixes it for me.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
DwightWalker
New Contributor II

Yes I got redirect error if I use Firefox but not if I use Chrome. It was doing SSO login.

AlexKweya
New Contributor III

Been facing the same with Edge for weeks now.

MindiHarrah
New Contributor II

I've been experiencing this error in Chrome for a week. I've cleared cookies each time. Today I've received it twice with only opening one Community site, a couple of enterprise.esri.com pages then another Community page and I get the error. I've noticed I get a cookies preference setting every time I open a page whether it is the community, esri.com or any page associated with esri. I've been selecting Required cookies only. Would that be the issue?

SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @MindiHarrah thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Could you please try these and let us know:

1) Just FYI, it appears to be the LiSESSIONID cookie that does it. Clearing just that one usually fixes it .

2) Please try rejecting all the cookies and see if that fixes for you.

3) Also, could you please send us a screenshot or screen recording with your timezone, username and I will work with the vendor to see what is happening in the backend and get some logs. You can email us at esricommunity@esri.com

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there a better solution for this? All of a sudden I'm having this same issue and it is beyond frustrating. I use Chrome for everything, and it is annoying having to switch browsers every time I need to check out something in the community pages. It is equally annoying having to delete cookies and reapply my cookie preferences every single time.

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

At the very least, you can bookmark chrome://settings/content/siteDetails?site=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.esri.com%2F to make it quicker. In Chrome, though, there does not appear to be any capability to clear single cookies; you have to clear all of them for a given site.

Other browsers do have this capability, for what it's worth.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS