Create a personal list of places

11-15-2020 09:16 PM
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

The way I use the community is that I follow 10-15 groups.

I do not want to get an email for each new post (too many emails as it is). I would like to go once in a day or two into my personal list and see the new posts.

Is there a way to do it with the new community?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have my profile set up to never receive emails.  Then under your avatar, click on "my subscriptions" to see what has been posted

... sort of retired...
mody_buchbinder

Interest idea

I will try

Thanks

0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder

Hi Dan

It is basically works.

Two issues - I could not find a place where I see all my subscriptions (just to make sure I did not forgot anything).

Secondly - I get a list of posts I subscribe too without dates. So until I open the post I am not sure if it from yesterday or a year ago!

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Mody, Yes, the place is as I suggested and yes there are no dates, but they are sorted by last activity.

However, known-issues-and-future-enhancements/

is where @Anonymous User is keeping the list. 

Maybe the lack of dates could be added to the list. 

She will see this post so maybe she can add to, or comment on the issue

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder

If she reads the post let me add the way I use the community.

I have 10-15 places that I see once in a day or two to see new stuff that interest me. I do not want to get email for each new posts.

Then there are the posts I write or give an answer to (or maybe a few other that are very interesting for me).

For them I do want to get email so I do not have to check daily.

This workflow makes a lot of sense for me and cannot be done currently.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For this

For them I do want to get email so I do not have to check daily.

If you can skip the email bit and you know that you visit regularly anyway.  The "bell" to the right of your avatar will indicate the number of messages you have responded to have activity.  Another reason to turn off emails altogether... you get an email... then you come here and you have the same messages in your "bell" box.

But that won't work if you aren't on this site every day or so

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
mody_buchbinder

Hi Dan

I am using the bell right now to see this message.

Personally I go in every morning for half an hour or so to check.

Never the less if I ask a question I would like to communicate in the middle of the day too (there are a time differences with most people that can answer)

c'est la vie

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @mody_buchbinder, To change your subscription settings, click your avatar image in the top right to reveal your account menu. Click My Subscriptions, then Notification Settings and you can set your preferences for the "bell" notifications and your email notification frequency. 

See the following doc for more information:

How to set subscriptions, notifications, and email settings