Changed E-mail in My Esri and AGOL, but Esri Community Keeps Sending to Old E-mail

Jump to solution
02-02-2023 12:17 PM
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well, the subject sums it up.  I changed my e-mail in My Esri and AGOL for the same user profile I log into Esri Community with, but EC keeps sending e-mails to my old address.  I have poked around EC, but I can't find where to change the e-mail.

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

The Community's email address is handled separately from you AGOL account. Not the most intuitive decision, and there probably should be a note in the Community settings...

You have to contact the Community team at esricommunity@esri.com , they'll change it for you.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @JoshuaBixby, @JohannesLindner is correct: Email information isn't shared back and forth between Esri Community and either AGOL or MyEsri—they're different systems. Our team will need to help get your Esri Community email updated for you. When you have a moment, please go ahead and send us a message to esricommunity@esri.com to let our team know what that should changed to and we'll be happy to get it taken care of as quickly as we can. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

The Community's email address is handled separately from you AGOL account. Not the most intuitive decision, and there probably should be a note in the Community settings...

You have to contact the Community team at esricommunity@esri.com , they'll change it for you.

Have a great day!
Johannes
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Managing the email separate from AGOL and My Esri, that seems less than ideal.  I will wait to see if anyone from the EC team has any additional comments before e-mailing them directly.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @JoshuaBixby, @JohannesLindner is correct: Email information isn't shared back and forth between Esri Community and either AGOL or MyEsri—they're different systems. Our team will need to help get your Esri Community email updated for you. When you have a moment, please go ahead and send us a message to esricommunity@esri.com to let our team know what that should changed to and we'll be happy to get it taken care of as quickly as we can. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content