Bug on this new community site (what has replaced geonet)

Jump to solution
11-12-2020 09:16 AM
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Not sure if this is the place to provide feeback @MichelleMathias for the new geonet website, community?

I've spotted a bug, if you reply to a question, the whole interface for creating a reply works OK and if you need to include a code snippet you can click on the 3 dots to get to the function for inserting code and setting the language format, so all OK.

But! You realise you have made a mistake so you go back and edit your reply. May be I wanted to improve the code snippet? The 3 dots button does not appear and one is unable to edit their own answer!

DuncanHornby_0-1605200854453.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks Duncan, this is the right place!  We will look at this and see if we can replicate and investigate

we are keeping track of known issues here as well: Known Issues and Future Enhancements 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

This is not the user experience I am getting, the 3 dots have appeared and I can get back into the edit code section as shown, so for me things are behaving as expected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Thanks Duncan, this is the right place!  We will look at this and see if we can replicate and investigate

we are keeping track of known issues here as well: Known Issues and Future Enhancements 

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
LouBranscomb
New Contributor II

Thanks Duncan, we were able to replicate that issue and reporting this as a bug. It will also be added to the Known Issues document Known Issues and Future Enhancements - GeoNet, The Esri Community

Thanks for reporting this to us we will provide an update as soon as we can. 

LouBranscomb
New Contributor II

@DuncanHornby we think this had been resolved can you let me know if you are still seeing this before I mark this in our Known Issues as fixed. 

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It does not appear to have been fixed as shown below:

error.gif

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Duncan, the text editor in replies is formatted slightly different to the one when you create your original post. If you look at the screenshot below it shows that all these options for Rich Text are listed under the Formats on the left of the menu:

InlineReplyTextEditor.JPG

Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

This is not the user experience I am getting, the 3 dots have appeared and I can get back into the edit code section as shown, so for me things are behaving as expected.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Duncan, we did another update to the text editor last night and updated to the version you are now seeing with the three dots. 

0 Kudos