Congratulations to our 2018 GeoNet Contest Winners

01-09-2019 01:45 PM
Labels (1)
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager
7 6 1,785

We are excited to announce the 2018 GeoNet Grand Prize and the Semi-Annual contest winners. The Semi-Annual is held from July 1st - December 31st and the Grand Prize runs from January 1st through December 31st.

We are thankful for the many users that encourage discussions, provide answers, and share knowledge throughout the community. They dedicate countless hours to helping others become more efficient with Esri products while also helping them grow in their GIS career.

We would like to especially thank a few of our members who have excelled as our top participants. These winners will be receiving a variety of prizes as outlined in the 2018 GeoNet Contest Prizes. Some of these prizes include a tablet, conference registrations, Amazon gift cards, Esri Certification Exams, ArcGIS Home Use Licenses, Esri Virtual Training, and Esri Press books.

Grand Prize Contest Winners

First Place - Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Second Place - Dan Patterson

Third Place -   Joshua Bixby

Second Semi-Annual Contest Winners

1. Robert Scheitlin, GISP
  2. Dan Patterson
  3. Joshua Bixby
  4. Joe Borgione
  5. Michael Volz
  6. Adrian Welsh
  7. Randy Burton
  8. Asrujit SenGupta 
  9. Chris Donohue, GISP
  10. Thomas Colson 

Thank you all for your contribution to the community!

For 2019 we will be restructuring our contest and gamification program, so stay tuned for an announcement later this month on the 2019 contest update.

6 Comments
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations and kudos to all!!! All your contributions really make GeoNet a great resource for novice users to experts! 

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Congratulations on another great year on GeoNet and to all of my fellow MVPs and contributors. Keep up the good work.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

And a big congrats to those first time entries on the list... keep it up.

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I look forward to seeing the gamification changes.  That said, I think there are limits to the changes given the current format of Jive/Lithium.  I know I am dreaming a bit, but it would be great to see some format changes to line up more with StackExchange.  I really like the idea of having comments separate from suggested answers.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations Everyone... Keep it up and keep contributing. Kudos

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

A lot of brain-power in this community - thanks for sharing!

About the Author
My role at Esri is the Manager of Community Experience and Programs. As the manager of the community experience team, I support, guide, and help our community managers and am focused on programs to continue growth and enhancement of our community. Outside of work I love the outdoors (in all seasons). You can typically find me skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking, or curled up with a good book.