Announcing the 2021 Esri Community Contest

03-05-2021 07:01 AM
Labels (1)
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager
16 3 13.6K

Introducing our new 2021 Esri Community Contest!  

Our contest is updated to take advantage of our new community platform. We have restructured the contest levels to broaden and vary the participants and winners to account for new community members to our most elite MVP members. The 2021 contest will run from Jan 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 and is open to community members excluding Esri staff and distributors.  

Contest Levels:  

Elite Level (top three): 

Winners at this level will be assessed on most solutions authored for the year – designed for advanced members who are answering questions that are marked with accepted solutions. 

Rising Star (top three): 

Winners for this level will be selected based on the following criteria: 

• Any member of the community that is part of the Regular rank ladder (excludes MVPs) 
  • Most contributions (minimum 70 value add posts: can be either new posts and/or replies) 
  • Most solutions authored (minimum 10) 

Newcomer of the Year level (top three): 

Winners will be selected based on the following criteria:  

• New member as of Jan. 1, 2021 
  • Most contributions (minimum 25 value add posts: can be either new posts and/or replies)  
  • Combination of return visits and time spent online  

Contest Rewards: 

Prizes will be awarded to the top three candidates at each of the above levels 

Elite Prize Package (top three) 

• Winner’s choice of either Esri UC Conference Registration or Dev Summit Conference Registration** 
  • ArcGIS for Personal Use License, or Developer Subscription (Builder Level) 
  • Choice of Esri Press Publication 
  • Considered for MVP Rank (if not already at the MVP rank) 
  • Esri Community contest winner badge  
  • Esri swag box 

Rising Star Prize Package (top three) 

• Winner’s choice of either Esri UC Conference Registration or Dev Summit Conference Registration** 
  • Esri swag box 

Newcomer Prize Package (top three) 

• Esri swag box 

**travel not included, the winner can send another person from their organization, or they can donate it to a non-profit organizationDevSummit conference prize can be used for US or EU conference. 

Esri Community Contest 2021 Overview 

Esri Community Contest 2021 Official Rules 

3 Comments
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm excited to see who will win! Good luck all. 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Next time, could you add Esri Technical Certification vouchers (optional to Personal Use License/Developer Subscription) for Elite Prize Package? 🤓

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Elite Prize package includes registration to the User Conference.

Don't all users already get one registration per license?

About the Author
My role at Esri is the Manager of Community Experience and Programs. As the manager of the community experience team, I support, guide, and help our community managers and am focused on programs to continue growth and enhancement of our community. Outside of work I love the outdoors (in all seasons). You can typically find me skiing, hiking, biking, kayaking, or curled up with a good book.