Traffic Counts to Display on Map?

09-29-2011 08:25 AM
EugeneBoyd
New Contributor II
I know I can get traffic counts by running the reports, but is it possible to have traffic counts display on the map without having to run reports?  I want to cruise around the map observing traffic counts at various locations but I don't want to necessarily have to run a report everytime.  Is this possible?  Thanks!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I know I can get traffic counts by running the reports, but is it possible to have traffic counts display on the map without having to run reports?  I want to cruise around the map observing traffic counts at various locations but I don't want to necessarily have to run a report everytime.  Is this possible?  Thanks!

Eugene,

That functionality does not exist at the moment but it is a very good idea so I have actually submitted an enhancement request to the BAO team.  The number is NIM073415 for your reference.

Jason
0 Kudos
ErikDavidson1
New Contributor
Was there any progress on this? It would also be nice if we could export the locations as a shapefile with the counts attributes attached. Is there any way to export these locations now? You might even consider having some type of analysis that determines the highest counts for you inside a certain geometry such as 1, 5, & 10 miles. This way you just have to take one look as opposed to zooming in on rural areas repeatedly or printing the profile and then trying to look them up.
0 Kudos