Thematic Map to Report Map?

05-16-2011 08:50 AM
DanielBradshaw
New Contributor
Hey all - I'm trying to decide if Business Analyst Online (premium subscription) is the best technology solution for one of my clients.  One of the things we're looking to build is the ability to create PDF report maps from thematically rendered demographic variables.  I know I can use some of the API tools to create thematically rendered maps in our application, but what about pushing that same thematic map to a PDF report.  Does the BAO API(s) have the ability to do this?

Thanks for any help/advice.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KristenCarroll
New Contributor III
Hi ddbradshaw
I'm going through old posts and addressing issues, where possible.  Your request is one that the Developers would like to submit as an enhancement: That is, there is currently no existing service or code example within the APIs to take a thematic map and print it to PDF.  They agree that it would be convenient for users to be able to simply select a map extent, along with a variable and generate a PDF thematic map by clicking on a button.  They've asked me to get your name if possible to add to the enhancement request.

Thank you for the suggestion!

Kristen C.
Esri Support Services
888-377-4575 X2
0 Kudos
DanielBradshaw
New Contributor
Thanks Kristen.

Daniel Bradshaw
Geographic Information Services, Inc.
205.941.0442 x 187
dbradshaw@gisinc.com