Sample or API to call a custom report template using BA Flex API

04-04-2011 08:45 AM
PrashanthSukumaran
New Contributor II
Hi,

How do i call a custom report template uploaded on the Business Analyst Server 10.0 using the BA Server API for Flex?

The tradearea is a drivetime polygon?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MehakSujan
New Contributor
Hi Prashanth,

Once you have the custom report template uploaded to your Business Analyst Server instance, in the Flex API you would use the same method for creating the report from the custom report template as with any other report template that comes with the default installation. You can just use the Flex API SummaryReportsTask and the SummaryReportsParameter classes. In the SummaryReportsParameter class, you would specify the boundaries parameter to be the featureSet representing the trade area and specify the custom report template name in the reportOptions parameter.

Hope this helps.
Mehak
0 Kudos
PrashanthSukumaran
New Contributor II
Thank you Mehak.

Would this be true if i were do the following.

1) Create a custom bds layer using our data.
2) Create a fresh report template for this bds layer.

The following works with the BA Desktop. 

Can i pass the custom report template to the Summary Report and create it?  Is the BDS layer configured in the report template or do i have to pass it as a parameter?
0 Kudos
MehakSujan
New Contributor
Hi Prashanth,

If you are using custom data with your custom report template, then you would need to also specify the dataHierarchy parameter to the path of the custom dataset. You can use the GetCustomLayers task to get this path.

Mehak
0 Kudos
PrashanthSukumaran
New Contributor II
Thank you Mehak.
0 Kudos