Problem with Excel file report on BAO

06-21-2012 06:28 AM
MariaCulp
New Contributor
Good Morning,
         I downloaded the House and Home Expenditures 2011 report in Excel from Business Analyst online and when I got ready to open it I got the following error message:

"Excel found unreadable content in "cex_home_fy_134028619696691D751A4-11B82-9B26-D798-C406F02DF882(1).xlsx.Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes?"

So when I clicked yes, Excel opens another dialog box and gives me this message:

"Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content:

Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error.  Load error. Line 10531, column 24."

Then the log file that it created says this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
  <logFileName>error042400_02.xml</logFileName>
  <summary>Errors were detected in file 'D:\Users\a001921\Desktop\My Files\Home Expenditures 2011.xlsx'</summary>
- <removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:">
  <removedPart>Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Load error. Line 10531, column 24.</removedPart>
  </removedParts>
  </recoveryLog>

Its says the file was repaired but the spreadsheet is blank. No data.

I am running MS Excel 2007.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

-Maria
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Good Morning,
         I downloaded the House and Home Expenditures 2011 report in Excel from Business Analyst online and when I got ready to open it I got the following error message:

"Excel found unreadable content in "cex_home_fy_134028619696691D751A4-11B82-9B26-D798-C406F02DF882(1).xlsx.Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes?"

So when I clicked yes, Excel opens another dialog box and gives me this message:

"Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content:

Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error.  Load error. Line 10531, column 24."

Then the log file that it created says this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
- <recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main">
  <logFileName>error042400_02.xml</logFileName>
  <summary>Errors were detected in file 'D:\Users\a001921\Desktop\My Files\Home Expenditures 2011.xlsx'</summary>
- <removedParts summary="Following is a list of removed parts:">
  <removedPart>Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Load error. Line 10531, column 24.</removedPart>
  </removedParts>
  </recoveryLog>

Its says the file was repaired but the spreadsheet is blank. No data.

I am running MS Excel 2007.

Thanks for any assistance that you can provide.

-Maria

Maria,

This is known issue with BAO users running Excel 2007 and encountering this problem and seems like an issue between Excel 2010 and 2007 as the user running the 2010 version do not encounter this issue.  The easiest work around is if you or a coworker is running Excel 2010 is to open and the Save As just an .xls.  If this is not possible for you if you could provide me with the order number and I could perform this for you.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
MariaCulp
New Contributor
Maria,

This is known issue with BAO users running Excel 2007 and encountering this problem and seems like an issue between Excel 2010 and 2007 as the user running the 2010 version do not encounter this issue.  The easiest work around is if you or a coworker is running Excel 2010 is to open and the Save As just an .xls.  If this is not possible for you if you could provide me with the order number and I could perform this for you.

Regards,
Jason R.

Unfortunately, we don't have Excel 2010 at work.  Let me give you the order # 387311.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Maria,

I have gone ahead and saved versions that are in the .xls format so I have zipped them up and attached them to this post.  Let me know if you have any problems opening them up.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
MariaCulp
New Contributor
Great! I've opened them. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
EricPollard1
New Contributor III
I too have had this problem. I was told that the Excel 2007 service pack 3 is the answer. This did solve the problem. This service pack, however, breaks the "shared workbooks" functionality on many of our critical workbooks. I had to remove the service pack and am stuck at the moment. I think we will need to use Open Office or another application to open up these reports.
-Eric
0 Kudos