How do I upload business analyst reports?

Jump to solution
04-26-2012 02:56 PM
SeanCook
New Contributor
Hello all! I have been trying to upload custom business analyst reports, and am having trouble. The only instructions I have found are either out of date or don't work properly. I am getting stuck when I am told to right click on Default Project in ArcCatalog and click upload project. That option is greyed out, and I can't find any info on why that would be except some permissions issues I don't think are a problem (but could be).

I have successfully done this in the past, and I can see a few custom reports on the server when I use the getReportTemplates task. They work fine, I just don't recall how I did it. I feel like this is not the way I originally accomplished this task, and I did not have to tangle with permissions/IIS, etc, as I recall.

Is there a second method? I swear I figured this out and uploaded multiple reports in an hour last time I tried, but now it's a puzzle.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Manually uploading report templates to a file-based repository is a fairly simple process. For this example, I'll say the repository is C:\BAServerRepository on the server machine and the dataset is USA_ESRI. Here are the steps:

1. Copy the report template folder from the BA Desktop report template location.
2. Paste the report template on the server machine in C:\BAServerRepository\Report Templates\Custom Report Templates\USA_ESRI.
3. Open the folder that you pasted into the repository, there should be at least three files, metadata.xml, report.xml and logo.png.
4. Create a new folder inside of this folder named IMG.
5. Move the logo.png file into the IMG folder.

After this your report template is ready to be used by BA Server. To confirm this, you can run GetReportTemplates through REST and it should list your new report template.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Sean,

It is possible that you need to install the BA Server Upload Components onto the desktop machine. Try installing them from DVD #3 from the BA Server media. If this is not the case, I can describe how to manually upload them to BA Server for you. Let me know how it goes.

Chris
0 Kudos
SeanCook
New Contributor
Hi Sean,

It is possible that you need to install the BA Server Upload Components onto the desktop machine. Try installing them from DVD #3 from the BA Server media. If this is not the case, I can describe how to manually upload them to BA Server for you. Let me know how it goes.

Chris

Thanks Chris! I'll give that a shot.

I'd love to know how to manually upload them anyways, if you don't mind.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Manually uploading report templates to a file-based repository is a fairly simple process. For this example, I'll say the repository is C:\BAServerRepository on the server machine and the dataset is USA_ESRI. Here are the steps:

1. Copy the report template folder from the BA Desktop report template location.
2. Paste the report template on the server machine in C:\BAServerRepository\Report Templates\Custom Report Templates\USA_ESRI.
3. Open the folder that you pasted into the repository, there should be at least three files, metadata.xml, report.xml and logo.png.
4. Create a new folder inside of this folder named IMG.
5. Move the logo.png file into the IMG folder.

After this your report template is ready to be used by BA Server. To confirm this, you can run GetReportTemplates through REST and it should list your new report template.

Chris
0 Kudos