Definition for EDUCBASECY?

03-18-2013 08:30 AM
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III
I have a researcher who is looking for the definition of the attribute field EDUCBASECY (2010 Pop 25+ Educ Attain Base) from the 2010 BA data. I don't see this listed in the variable list doc for my current BA dataset and can't find anything online other than the old 2010 variable list.

I assume this is simply the total number of individuals per unit, that are 25+ and have attained some level of education (the base population).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
David
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I have a researcher who is looking for the definition of the attribute field EDUCBASECY (2010 Pop 25+ Educ Attain Base) from the 2010 BA data. I don't see this listed in the variable list doc for my current BA dataset and can't find anything online other than the old 2010 variable list.

I assume this is simply the total number of individuals per unit, that are 25+ and have attained some level of education (the base population).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
David

David,

The reason that this variable is not in the current Business Analyst 10.1 2011/2016 dataset is due to the Census Bureau not having a census long form (SF3) for the 2010 census and are using American Community Survey (ACS) as the replacement.  You can see this data in the ACS Population summary in Business Analyst Online (http://bao.esri.com).  Alternatively in BA10.1 Desktop you can go to Preferences>Online tab and make sure that Online Reports is checked and the your hierarchy is set to to USA and you will see the ACS Population Summary report as one of the online reports that are available.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos