Business Analyst Desktop 10.4.1 - I am not able to run reports, any suggestions?

10-25-2016 08:22 PM
ChristopherSchmitt
New Contributor

Tomorrow I will be going on day 3 of tech support trying to resolve this issue and I am running out of patience with this entire software package.  The scenario, everything was working great using 10.3.1 with 2015 BA data, but of course we need to access the 2016 BA data, which requires us to upgrade all of our desktops to 10.4.1 respectively.  Using my machine as the test machine, we updated, as instructed and nothing works.  For example, I use Evaluate Site, Click on Map and nothing happens,.  Technical support suggested doing a full uninstall/reinstall; which I did and I am getting the same results.  I'm sure there is something simple that the support team is missing and I am curious if anyone in the community might know what that is.  I appreciate any help or suggestions. 

(I have tried bringing in a pre-existing trade area to run a demo off of that, that provides an error.)

and yes I have installed the patch for 2016 data.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RakeshSinha
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure if this has been resolved for you however would you please help me with the following information such that I can assist?

1. Do you have multiple versions of BA desktop installed on your machine?

2. Do you have multiple datasets (ex, 2014, 2015 and 2016) installed on your machine? I hope 2016 data sdlic file has been added to provision the data.

3. Are you able to create a drive time or a trade area?

4. Are you receiving any errors? Kindly share the screenshot showing the error code and details.

5. Did you receive the installation files on a flash drive from Esri or downloaded from the CC portal?

6. Do you see tools grayed out on the BA toolbar or the BA toolbar drop down?

7. Have you tried changing the location of Output Data folder?

8. You mentioned that you performed an uninstall/reinstall of BA on your machine. Was it a clean uninstall where you deleted every reference of the software from the machine including registry editor? If not, this could be tried later if nothing works.

9. Are you working on a Windows 10 machine? If so, please refer the following link and check if the steps were followed correctly while installing the software and the data update.

Installing Esri Business Analyst 2016 data
Installing Esri Business Analyst 2016 data—Business Analyst Desktop | ArcGIS 

Looking forward for your response!

Thanks,

Rakesh

0 Kudos