BAO Online Trial

Jump to solution
06-18-2012 06:42 AM
LauraZajac
New Contributor
I currently work with BA desktop and am trying the trial version of BA Online.  Can anyone in the same position share their take on each version?  Also, while using the online trial I imported an excel file and a screen popped up saying:

Excel: 'A maximum of 100 records and file size limit of 1 MB'

Shapefiles: 'A maximum of 100 records and file size limit of 3 MB'

Does this mean 100 fields or rows?  Not all my information was imported, it being in excess of 100 (excel) rows.  Or is this due to it being a trial version?

Thank you, Laura Zajac
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I currently work with BA desktop and am trying the trial version of BA Online.  Can anyone in the same position share their take on each version?  Also, while using the online trial I imported an excel file and a screen popped up saying:

Does this mean 100 fields or rows?  Not all my information was imported, it being in excess of 100 (excel) rows.  Or is this due to it being a trial version?

Thank you, Laura Zajac

Laura,

The record limits for Excel and Shapefile on the Import File (Select Location tab) are Business Analyst Online's current limits regardless of subscription level.  And yes records=rows.  If you would like to simply map points with no intention of creating rings then use the Import Locations on the Research Market tab.

One other thing Business Analyst Desktop users do get a free Business Analyst Online subscription based on the version of Desktop that they have.  To get this setup all one needs to do is email ba_onlineaccess@esri.com with one's contact information and this can get setup.

Regards,
Jason R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you, Laura Zajac

Laura,

The record limits for Excel and Shapefile on the Import File (Select Location tab) are Business Analyst Online's current limits regardless of subscription level.  And yes records=rows.  If you would like to simply map points with no intention of creating rings then use the Import Locations on the Research Market tab.

One other thing Business Analyst Desktop users do get a free Business Analyst Online subscription based on the version of Desktop that they have.  To get this setup all one needs to do is email ba_onlineaccess@esri.com with one's contact information and this can get setup.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos