Problem creating ArcGIS Server for Windows site using Cloud Builder for AWS

Jump to solution
03-15-2016 06:19 PM
KeithMiller4
New Contributor III

Hi

I'm using Cloud Builder to create an ArcGIS for Server 10.4 site on Amazon Web Services (AWS). I'm pretty much choosing the defaults (Windows, no geodatabase, mxlarge instance) and get all the way through to the end of the process. Cloud Builder says it is creating the site. It gets as far as creating the Load Balancer in AWS but can't create the instance. Here's the error I get:

Execution Error

ERROR 2016-03-16 02:07:09 Failed to create site 'ArcGISServerWindowsCB'. In order to use this AWS Marketplace product you need to accept terms and subscribe. To do so please visit http://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp?sku=3e6mr1zhg21t3385p1jiom88d (Service: AmazonEC2; Status Code: 401; Error Code: OptInRequired; Request ID: 55524436-926b-41f5-baf2-773067188242)

The URL in the above error message just takes me to the ArcGIS Server AMIs page. I could go down this route but this is what Cloud Builder helps the user avoid doing.

I successfully created an ArcGIS Server site on Ubuntu last month using Cloud Builder with no problems. Any ideas?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

Have you followed the instructions here Accept terms for AMIs—ArcGIS for Server (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server  to accept the terms for the AMI's?

--Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimothyMichael
Occasional Contributor II

Have you followed the instructions here Accept terms for AMIs—ArcGIS for Server (10.4) | ArcGIS for Server  to accept the terms for the AMI's?

--Tim

0 Kudos
KeithMiller4
New Contributor III

Thanks Tim

That was indeed the problem. I hadn't realised that I had to accept the terms and conditions on the website first before using Cloud Builder. Should've read the instructions more carefully I guess.

Cheers, Keith

0 Kudos