What are "Map Notes?"

Jump to solution
08-19-2015 02:16 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

I'm confused when adding content to my "Story Map Tour" or Story Map Journal.  Are "Map Notes" the same as adding a layer and placing points on it? Also, when configuring the map for a Journal section, It just has a checkmark for "Map Notes" but does not let you differentiate between different sets of them. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Map notes are a type of layer that you can add to a web map through Map Viewer. It's helpful if you want to add couple of annotation. More information in the documentation at Map notes—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you add multiple layer you should be able to toggle them on and off in Map Journal

In Map Viewer

In Map Journal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

Map notes are a type of layer that you can add to a web map through Map Viewer. It's helpful if you want to add couple of annotation. More information in the documentation at Map notes—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

If you add multiple layer you should be able to toggle them on and off in Map Journal

In Map Viewer

In Map Journal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. Fast! I will study the links too.

Judie Piner

Preservation & Technology

Yavapai-Apache Nation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

When in the map viewer, how do I add additional points to a map note at a later time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II

You must have an edit button in the toolbar or use the option on the layer and click "Edit Layer"

0 Kudos