use webmap with custom WMS-service as a basemap

Jump to solution
06-04-2014 11:02 PM
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
Hello!

I tried to use updated Map Tour template (downloadable version for developers), but have some complications.
The problem is that when I replace webmapid (in index.html) to b259b2e5e83a43eda8107f6017aaca09, then loading map tour it throws me an error: "Sorry, Map Tour loading failed"

My webmap http://maaamet.maps.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=b259b2e5e83a43eda8107f6017aaca09
has custom WMS-service as a basemap (and with our national SRS EPSG:3301), so I guess this should be the problem?
I have no problem using it with some other webmap that has ESRI basemap.

I still assume, it should be possible to suck webmap with WMS-service as a basemap into storymap... but how?

Thanks,
Raivo Alla
Estonian Land Board
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
Hi Sorry about that.

It's quite weird I have it working on other WMS not in mercartor... I opened an issue on GitHub to track the bug.

From now, as a workaround, you can follow the developer guide and modify storymaps/core/Core.js loadWebMap function to set your extent in the correct projection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Hi,

It is possible to use a WMS basemap in any projection with Map Tour but I can think of a number of reason this may fail.
If you can share your webmap publicly, I can take a deeper look.
0 Kudos
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Hi Raivo,
Your webmap doesn't seems public.
0 Kudos
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
😮
Last one was AGOL for Organization map, indeed, this one is for public use  (last one was for "everyone" too, but in our organization):

http://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=b259b2e5e83a43eda8107f6017aaca09

Points are loaded, but instead of basemap there is all white.

Raivo
0 Kudos
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
I mean, in the previous version of storymaps I could modify esri.arcgis.utils.createMap mapOptions (index.html) and simply add

extent: new esri.geometry.Extent({xmin:360000,ymin:6343000,xmax:730000,ymax:6657000,spatialReference:{wkid:3301}})

... to support EPSG:3301 SRS.

Now I cant find the place to do that.

Raivo
0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Hi Sorry about that.

It's quite weird I have it working on other WMS not in mercartor... I opened an issue on GitHub to track the bug.

From now, as a workaround, you can follow the developer guide and modify storymaps/core/Core.js loadWebMap function to set your extent in the correct projection.
0 Kudos
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
Thanks!

I'll try it soon.

Raivo
0 Kudos
RaivoAlla
New Contributor II
Well, no use setting our custom extent in the code (loadWebMap->arcgisUtils.createMap->mapOptions)...

Google Chrome console reveals that it still addresses GetMap request with SRS=4326.

Raivo
0 Kudos