Stuck in: Story is initializing Thanks for waiting - Story Map Series

01-12-2021 12:39 AM
HerbertHausmann
New Contributor

Hello Community,

i found a similar post here within the community and already asked there - with no answer yet.

Problem: We were adding a new tab within a Story Map Series Application. The Story Map is working for years already. After saving the changes within the Story Map we are not able to open it anymore.

Message: Story is initializing Thanks for waiting, Story Map Problem

Other Story Maps (which were not changed) can be opened without any problem. We are now afraid to do changes/updates within other existing maps (we are running a Geoportal for the public). Furthermore it is presently not possible to create a new Story Map Series. If you try to add content in the new map you will get stuck in the message: "Loading (see attached screenshot)" while nothing is loading.

In the other problem post it was caused by an ESRI update (in 2020 or 2019).

Does anyone has a solution or does anyone know if this is a temporarily problem? Does anyone has this problem too? We saw it the first time yesterday.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HerbertHausmann -- I apologize that you are having an issue with your classic Series story. We took a look, but we're not able to reproduce the problem. The best way to get assistance with this type of issue with a specific story is to please contact Esri Technical Support.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
HerbertHausmann
New Contributor

@ OwenGeo, thank you for your answer. Not "able to reproduce the problem" mean you could open the application without getting stuck into the Message: Message: Story is initializing Thanks for waiting, Story Map Problem  (Map is not opening at all)?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@HerbertHausmann -- Sorry for the confusion. I meant that I am able to add tabs to my existing classic Series stories and save them without an issue. I do see the message you reported when opening your story.

I noticed there are some CORS errors in the dev console, so before contacting tech support you could check the server where some of that story's content is coming from (https://gis.lraroth.de) and make sure that *.arcgis.com is an allowed domain.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos