Shortlist Story Map no longer working " An error has occurred Unable to create map"

04-14-2021 07:01 PM
DPGimnich
New Contributor

Hello,

My org has been using a Classic Shortlist Story Map for public hiking communication for a couple of years now. Within the last few weeks, it has stopped working. The link just says 

An error has occurred

Unable to create map

https://austinwater.maps.arcgis.com/apps/Shortlist/index.html?appid=265e852f10884533b0a713f5438535ad

Additionally, I cannot configure the app. When I go to the overview for the Web Mapping Application in ArcGIS Online, I see the View Application, Share, and Metadata buttons, but the Configure App button is missing, though I can still see that button on other story map contents pages.

Here is the link to the overview page:
https://austinwater.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=265e852f10884533b0a713f5438535ad#overview

Thank you for any help you can give!

-David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@DPGimnich -- Hello, and I'm sorry you are having an issue with your Shortlist story. I would recommend that you please contact Esri Support as they are the best equipped to help you troubleshoot an issue with a specific story like this.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
DPGimnich
New Contributor

@OwenGeo,

I guess that helps. I tried going there first, but the only place to ask a question online was "Ask On GeoNet". So that's why I asked here, and to be honest, I had assumed that Esri reps responding here were from Esri Support.

My organization is large, and I do not have direct access to technical support. I can't even chat with someone online. I will have to go through multiple levels in my org before someone else can ask my question for me, let alone get an answer. I know that's more of a me and my organization problem, but I was hoping there was some other way. We have people from the public trying to access our "Where can I hike?" map now, and we were hoping to just get it working again rather than having to take it down and/or rebuild it.

Regardless, thank you for responding. I appreciate it.

-David Gimnich

0 Kudos
DPGimnich
New Contributor

over 300 people have looked at this post in less than 24 hours, which is way more than most all other posts recently. Seems like this may be a more widespread issue that just my specific story

0 Kudos
PJack
by
New Contributor

Hi @DPGimnich we can help you get this sorted out. Please feel free to log a ticket with support or you can reach out to me and I can assist with getting you started with our Tech Support team. I look forward to hearing back from you. 

0 Kudos