Shortlist behaves oddly in iframe on iOS Safari

Jump to solution
11-15-2016 12:58 PM
EthanUnzicker1
New Contributor III

I'm hosting a Shortlist Story map and I'm going to be displaying that on my site in an iframe, but it's behaving oddly on iOS 10 Safari.

Regardless of any height I set for the iframe or even if I wrap it in a div with set dimensions, the height iframe continually expands and doesn't stop!

Here is a link to the dev page Erie MetroParks | Discover it. - Dummy Page 

Currently I don't have any dimensions specified for the iframe. I wanted to remove anything that was telling the iframe to resize to narrow down where the problem was coming from, and so I think it has something to do with the Shortlist app itself.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Any customizations that you made to your original Shortlist would have to be ported over manually to the new version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Ethan,

I am able to reproduce the issue you are seeing with iOS 10 and Shortlist in an iFrame, and have narrowed it down to a problem with the way we handle resizing some of the Shortlist elements.  We have a fix for it, and are planning on including it in a Github update (available via download), most likely happening Monday.  It would be best to wait for that update to pick up some of the other improvements/fixes we have made, but if you absolutely need the fix for the iFrame sizing issue before then, feel free to DM me on here, and we can help you patch that.

Mark

0 Kudos
EthanUnzicker1
New Contributor III

Thanks so much, Mark!!

I'm ahead of schedule on this project so I can wait for the update. 

Cheers!

MarkCooney

Version 2.0.2 is now available on GitHub.  Releases · Esri/shortlist-storytelling-template-js · GitHub 

0 Kudos
EthanUnzicker1
New Contributor III

Awesome!

So since I'm self hosting this, and I've made customizations to the styling, how would I go about installing the update without overriding all of my customizations?

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Any customizations that you made to your original Shortlist would have to be ported over manually to the new version.

0 Kudos