Public Story Map Requires login to view

06-28-2014 02:17 PM
JakeSmith
New Contributor II
I've created a test story map and it cannot be opened without a login account. I have set share permissions to "Everyone (public)", but it cannot be viewed unless I am logged in. I would like anyone who has this link to be able to view this story map. I have not had this isue with other maps that I have shared through arcgis online.

http://scvosa.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/?appid=4d6c4bf351294bd59a45dcd76ade5380

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Jake
0 Kudos
5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

In order for your application to be public, the webmap and all of it's layer also have to be public.
Both ArcGIS Online and Map Tour builder are supposed to do that for you when you share it.
Have you checked the sharing of your webmap?
If your webmap is shared, you should inspect your webmap to find the service that is creating the issue.
JakeSmith
New Contributor II
Hi,

In order for your application to be public, the webmap and all of it's layer also have to be public.
Both ArcGIS Online and Map Tour builder are supposed to do that for you when you share it.
Have you checked the sharing of your webmap?
If your webmap is shared, you should inspect your webmap to find the service that is creating the issue.

Thank You! I created the map via csv, and did not notice that I had a individual point layer that was created. I've set this point layer to public sharing and the map is now viewable without a login! Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
jaredpilbeam
New Contributor II

Jake,

Can you tell me where you were when you set the point layer to public? I have a story map that requires signing in for other people and I'm pretty sure I have everything public.

thanks,

Jared

0 Kudos
JakeSmith
New Contributor II

Hi Jared,

I am far from an expert on this, but I recommend you double check your webmap and all related services/features to make sure they are shared. ESRI technical support can also log into your AGOL account and double check that all permissions/settings are correct.

Good luck,

Jake

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

You can try to unshare the webmap through the item page and then share it again. This should warn you if any of the webmap layer is not shared appropriately. If this doesn't help, I recommend you duplicate the webmap and delete layers one by one until you find the one that cause the issue.

We are going to release a tool to help you troubleshoot that early next year.

0 Kudos