Public shared story map asks to sign in

Jump to solution
09-04-2016 02:07 PM
KumushkanAbdimazhitova
New Contributor

Hi, I created public story map which includes 9 steps or pages. But, when someone view that, the second page asks to sign in, and other pages visible for everyone without any problem. What should I do to correct it? storymap.‌

This is the link to my storymap: https://agiabdimazhitova.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=9335de71a7ae4992924d24f754... There is Weather Live Map in the second page, but it isn't apear.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kumushkan,

Sorry you are having trouble with your story. It looks like it's the NOAA wind layer is causing the issue. Can you try re-adding that to your map or creating a new web map with that layer and using that in your story?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BelkiyaErcan2
New Contributor II

Hello Kumushkan Abdimazhitova‌,

You probably have web maps or layers in your story map that are not shared publicly. All the content in your story map needs to be shared publicly in order for the public to use it.

Could you check this link please?

Frequently Asked Questions | Story Maps 

Regards,

KumushkanAbdimazhitova
New Contributor

Hi Belkia Ercan,

Thanks for answering, yes I have web maps and all of them are public shared. Here attached screenshot that show they are all public shared maps. Maybe, there is another problem except this. I don't have idea what is a problem. Once again thanks))

Screenshot of my story map 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Kumushkan,

Sorry you are having trouble with your story. It looks like it's the NOAA wind layer is causing the issue. Can you try re-adding that to your map or creating a new web map with that layer and using that in your story?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
AlbertGarcia2
New Contributor

Hello, we are also having this problem - not many layers and they're all shared publicly. Also, this web app doesn't show up in "My Stories". Any idea what we're doing wrong? Thanks, the link is here:

ArcGIS Web Application 

Albert

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi Albert,

Your app is created with the ArcGIS Online Web App Builder rather than one of the Story Map apps and so doesn't get listed in My Stories, which just lists your Story Map apps hosted in ArcGIS Online. But the issue is the same: If your app prompts your end-users to sign-in, then either the app isn't shared publicly, or the web map(s) it uses aren't shared publlcly, or they contain data that is not shared publicly or which is subscription based (see this blog post for how to include subscription based content in your app).  Another reason an ArcGIS Online app may immediately prompt end-users to sign in is if the ArcGIS Online account that it belongs to has expired, or, with ArcGIS Online Organizational accounts, if anonymous access to content on that Organization has been turned off in the Organization settings.

Rupert

0 Kudos