Photo spheres in Storymaps?

Jump to solution
09-10-2016 12:41 PM
DanielCardenas3
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'd like to create a storymap of a college campus and would like to include photo spheres. Is this possible? I know it's possible to embed photo spheres in HTML using JS, but it doesn't look like the HTML code necessary is supported, so I'm thinking it's not possible, but figured I'd ask anyways.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Daniel,

As long as you can embed the content in an iframe without any script tags you can embed it in a story map (Journal, Series, or Cascade). In Journal/Series you'd choose the "web page" option for your content and in Cascade you'd add the iframe code in the "Link to Content" tab of the Media Picker.

Can you post a sample of the embed code from the photo sphere here?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Daniel,

As long as you can embed the content in an iframe without any script tags you can embed it in a story map (Journal, Series, or Cascade). In Journal/Series you'd choose the "web page" option for your content and in Cascade you'd add the iframe code in the "Link to Content" tab of the Media Picker.

Can you post a sample of the embed code from the photo sphere here?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
DanielCardenas3
New Contributor II

Thanks Owen,

Very helpful and good to know. I don't have any code to post yet, I'm just researching to see if it can be done. I will give it a go though! Thanks again.

-Dan

0 Kudos